Monday, January 23, 2012

My Top 5 List

Many of you who are here are either thinking of taking AP Lang or are just simply forced to read this blog. The truth is, you will probably be making a blog of your own next year, as you will probably be taking this class because you, like me, want to impress colleges.
When you do, you will probably find out that it is more work than what you bargained for. But you can help yourself now by understanding what is specifically is being asked of you as an AP Language student and spending the rest of your year preparing for it.

At its most basic, the following list is what you will be expected to know and do next year. I know, it seems like a lot and some of the list you probably have never heard of; but trust me, by the end of second quarter, you will know all of it.

1. EFFECTIVELY WRITE
2. UNDERSTAND AND USE different rhetorical devices
3. MAP AND ANNOTATE texts
4. THINK ON THE SPOT
5. USE YOUR VOICE 

In my next post, I will talk more about effective writing.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment